We encourage travelling to the UTC via public transport.
You can order your transport pass from Network West Midlands:
Students living outside the Network West Midlands area (e.g. Stafford, Telford, Lichfield) should select the Bus, Metro and Train pass, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose the appropriate ‘alternative ticket’ for your location.
You will also need an appropriate photocard, application forms for these are available online:
WMCUTC will support the cost of transport for students from a dedicated transport fund who fit one or more of the following criteria:
- Students receiving Free School Meals who live more than 3 miles from the UTC (full support)
- Students receiving Free School Meals who live between 2 and 3 miles from the UTC (half support)
- Students for whom the monthly cost of transport is greater than £37.50 (please discuss with the UTC)
- Students requiring hardship support for whom the above does not apply (please discuss with the UTC)
- Remaining funds will be distributed to reduce the maximum cost of transport for all students.
Note that distances noted above will be determined using Google Maps directions for a walking journey between the home postcode and the UTC postcode.
Support will only be offered up to the value of the cheapest reasonable public transport method.
Students wishing to make a claim for transport support should purchase an annual transport pass via direct debit themselves and then submit a claim for reimbursement from the UTC. If this is a challenge students should contact the UTC immediately to arrange advance support.
Students will also be able to make use of bus services provided by the University of Wolverhampton from certain locations in Telford, Wolverhampton and Walsall.
Secure cycle storage will also be available to all students.
Parking for students attending by car or scooter can be provided by arrangement and agreement with WMCUTC requirements.